Thursday 3 June 2010

Who's getting excited?

Come on admit it! I know I am, but somebody seems to have to forgotten to tell the players, did they look uncomfortable or what? I was intrigued that they were catching an overnight flight to Johanessburg, but no doubt all occupied by sleeper beds, yet somehow they mananged to look thoroughly miserable during the process.

I suppose it doesn't matter having great big artificial smiles stuck across their faces, its what they do on the pitch that matters, right? Lets hope so. I sense however that there is a different approach to this World Cup, one that smacks more of professionalism than any of the relatively previous tournaments. Certainly those under Sven had  the Wag element and those under Bobby Robson and Terry Venables had the Gascoigne element. For those that can remember this has more of the Ramsey element than anything previous, and we all know what that achieved!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors