Thursday 10 June 2010

Well here we go!

I was busy watching Fabio lose it this afternoon with those photographers out there in Rustenberg. Well, I know exactly how he feels, I'm feeling the pressure myself! Daft, I know, but hey, we have all spent a lot of time effort and money getting to this point, and as somebody once said, 'it's been emotional'.

The qualifiers are all done and dusted, in impressive style I might add, the warm up friendlies are all done and not without missing a heartbeat here or there, and so the very next game is crucial to how the World Cup goes. Maybe that's the penny that's finally dropped with Fabio? Who knows! Its not a must win against the USA but God help us if we don't! Imagine the horrors of WC 1950 when we lost to the US, it hasn't been forgotten, and this time it could feel much worse. Not only that but not finishing top of the group will make things so much harder than they need to be.

Well I have a flight to catch on Friday morning, an expensive one at that, and a pretty packed itinerary too! And so I'm feeling Fabio's pressure too. The phone has rung pretty consistently for the last few days with everybody needing details and the media all wanting a quote or two. I don't mind to be honest, 'cos as a Yorkshire man I have a point or three to make. But lets get the first game under way, a nice victory will do to settle everybody's nerves and then we can all get into the swing of things. Follow our little group on here if you will, lets see what we can get up to!

If I get chance I'll post as soon as I get to Jo'burg, but it might have to wait until after the USA game. I'll be quick to give you my impressions of the place, so get back to us on here! And, good luck England!!!

2 comments:

  1. Let Skip know that Andy "anyone but England" Murray has just been dumped out of the tennis by Mardy Fish. That should put a smile on his face. C'mon England.

    ReplyDelete
  2. to ocky,skip and the rest have agreat time watch your backs,hope we get off to flyer ,com,on ENGLAND, COM,ON ENGLAND ALL THE BEST SKIP FROM TUFFY

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Contributors